New terms have been created for referring to the media technologies and practices that are functionally bound to place. These tools, and the interactions people have with them, are both location-aware and location-oriented; they not only use geographically referenced information to function but also produce it.
- Pole Position: Walking Formula One in East Austin . By Andres Lombana-Bermudez and Jack Murphy. Spring 2013. Published at The End of Austin project.
- Urban Labyrinths, Ariadne’s Threads, and GPS Data: Logging and Drawing Trajectories with a GPS Personal Navigation Device. 2013. Published at Media Fields Journal.
- vVvA GPS traces archive at OpenStreetMap
- Marfauria: A geo-locative game and a zine, Marfauria was played during the first weekend of July, 2014, at the Marfa Film Festival.
- Exploratory collection of GPS traces from OSM users.
- RHINOCERVS IMPETVS: gps drawing print, gpx booklet, and fanzine. BKC Art Gallery. Cambridge, MA. September 2018.